Thursday, September 25, 2008

Turns out

Work is HARD. I can safely say the honeymoon is over at the new job and it's time to roll up my sleeves and get dirty. Seriously. My schedule is packed this week with meetings and consults, not to mention rewrites of several big-deal documents that will have an enormous impact on the organization. And I thought it was all purchasing cards, badges, and parking spots. 

Silly me.

The good news is- I actually enjoy dressing up for work. I always knew that wearing more professional attire subconsciously encouraged me to take myself more seriously, but I feel a greater sense of responsibility, authority, and even accomplishment in a suit than I ever have before. I'm still learning which meetings are better to tone down the business-style for so as not to distinguish myself immediately as management, but my confidence is high and I'm liking that. 

A couple of co-workers live nearby to me and Mr.Mr. and I'm considering joining the vanpool. That's right- van... pool. I'm very cool. I figure it could be a good opportunity to save some money and wear and tear on the car while encouraging me to make casual conversation for at least twenty minutes. In a van. With near-strangers. With no control over the speed or quality of driving. 

Hmmm.  Maybe in a couple weeks. 

No comments: