Monday, July 21, 2008

Lifestyles of the drunk and buoyant


I have no idea who these people were but I totally want to be them.  Specifically, I'd like to be the woman in the black hat and gloves in the glistening, rubber inner tube.  According to the image's file name, these people belong to the Seattle Tubing Society.  Seriously- where do I sign up and will I get a membership card?

Seattle Art Museum's TASTE restaurant at 1300 First Ave South is showing the work of an amazing photographer by the name of Burt Glinn through September 14th.  If you take a moment to check out his page on the Magnum site, you won't be disappointed, I promise.  

At 82, Glinn passed away in April of this year.

Image courtesy of Magnum via SAM.

1 comment:

thom said...

i can understand why you want to be them on the basis of this image

but think again

they are all dead